Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The various Game Modes in Battleborn. Look for new modes to arrive as they are released. There is A LOT going into Battleborn with 25 playable Heroes which have already been unveiled, Story Mode, multiple Competitive Multiplayer Modes, and even more to come after launch! Not to mention, Open Beta for PS4, PC, and Xbox One is on the horizon. With so much going on in Battleborn, let’s get you all caught up to speed and explain some features in more detail.
Story Mode[edit | edit source]
Competitive Multiplayer Modes[edit | edit source]
Before the Battleborn joined forces to save the universe, they fought amongst themselves for the few resources that were left. Team up with other players to battle on three Competitive Multiplayer modes, Incursion, Capture, and Meltdown.
- Incursion: Take out the enemy’s two Spider Sentry Drones before they get to yours.
- Capture: It’s a classic capture-and-control showdown between two teams of heroes… but more badass!
- Meltdown: Each team marches waves of minions to their death, and scores points for every minion who throws themselves into the incinerator. The team with the most scrap metal, wins.
Multiplayer Features[edit | edit source]
- Skill-Based Matchmaking: Queue up in regular Competitive Multiplayer matches to be matched with and against similarly skilled players.
- Map Counts: Each mode has 2 Maps with many more coming after launch. Take a look at plans for free DLC here.
- Private Matches: Get some practice in with private competitive matches. Customize team sizes from 1v1 through 5v5 or toggle the unique character requirement off for a team full of Oscar Mike clones! Private matches also allow you to play against AI bots, but to keep it fair, nobody is cheesing XP from bot matches.
Play Split-Screen[edit | edit source]
- Couch Co-Op: Play split-screen on PS4 and Xbox One
- Multiple Couches: You can only do two screens per console. BUT, you can connect with two other co-op playing pals on another machine.
- Split Screen on Your Team: People playing split screen can join up with any team. The max number of Battleborn Heroes per side: five players.
Color-Coded Teams[edit | edit source]
- There isn’t an explicit color blind mode, but we do let you pick your team color and the opposing team’s color. This colorization is applied to enemy color, health bars, competitive objectives, etc., and is available on all platforms.